Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Florence Nightingale: Founder of Modern Nursing


Florence Nightingale followed her heart to help the sick

by Jan Crosetto

Back in 1830s England, nursing wasn't a vocation for respectable women. When Florence Nightingale told her wealthy parents she planned to become a nurse, they were very distressed. What they wanted was for her to learn to host big parties, serve tea and get married. Florence, however, had other plans. She followed a "call" from God at age 16 to nurse the sick and turned her back on marriage, wealth and a life in high society.
I read the story about her when I was a elementery student. After I read it, I thought nurse is an angle work, because who need to have patience, will, determination and selflessness even brave. Even though, it is a great hard job, many people would like to do it and be a dedicatee. They are my angles in my heart forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A"N" ELEMENTERY STUDENT
you though"t"
EVEN "THOUGH"

Alex